Benefits of Belonging to Amalgamated Workers Union
- TMFNZ – TRAUMA MEDICAL COVER
TMFNZ automatically attached a life policy to your membership. This will remain in force as long as you remain a member of the AWUNZ (Southern) Inc and up to date with Union Fees. The plan values are Life Cover $4000.00 (to the age of 70 years) and Accidental Death $6000.00 . Depending on the circumstances of your death is dependant on what your beneficiaries receive.
- AGREEMENT NEGOTIATIONS
Our qualified officials are available to negotiate Individual or Collective Employment Agreements
- HEALH AND SAFETY
Advice, training, assessments regarding the Health and Safety in Employment Amendment Act 2002
- ACCIDENT COMPENSATION / REVIEWS / HEARINGS
Appraisals for individual requirements
- DISPUTES HEARINGS / RESOLUTION
Advice regarding Disputes – Personal Grievance Hearings Advice regarding Grievances Preparation of Documents and Case through to Filing the case with the Authority (definition below).
A “personal grievance” is a claim by you that:
You have been unjustifiably dismissed; or
- your employment, or one or more of its conditions, have been affected to your disadvantage by some unjustifiable action by your employer; or
- you have been discriminated against in your employment; or
- you have been sexually or racially harassed in your employment; or
- you have been subject to duress in your employment, in relation to membership or non-membership of a union or employees’ organisation.
Time for raising personal grievances
If you wish to raise a personal grievance, this must be raised with your employer by your representative within 90 days of the day on which either the action occurred, or you became aware of it.
- LEGAL SERVICES
Specialist Legal Services available
- UNION AND COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTRE
Medical Practitioners, Nurses and specialist Social Worker available at discounted rates to Union Members.